Is the North Station area Boston's next "it" neighborhood?
Seaport is up-and-coming; Fenway is transforming; East Boston and South Boston are undeniably evolving. But what neighborhood is flourishing? According to companies like Nickerson PR and Colliers International, the North Station area is, in fact, Boston's next "it" neighborhood.
Factors fueling this growth and transforming the neighborhood include:
- Transit-oriented development
- Construction of brand new retail spaces that will transform this Boston neighborhood into a hub for shopping
- Luxury Residential Projects
- Lovejoy Wharf, the future home of Converse Headquarters, with a $230 million planned redevelopment that includes 175 condominiums
- The Merano, a 600,000-square-foot, mixed-use project that will include ground-level retail with office, hotel and 200 luxury apartments
- Nashua Street Residences, an approximately 600,000-square-foot residential project that will include 503 units and 2-level public retail arcade
- The Victor Apartments, a 366,000-square-foot development with 286 apartments as well as 17,000 square feet of retail space
- The Boston Garden, a 1.87-million-square-foot, mixed-use project that would connect to TD Garden and the MBTA's North Station, and rise over Causeway Street and the Zakim Bridge in three new towers
Read more here.