Q2 2016 Condominium Sales Reports for Metro Boston (Back Bay, Beacon Hill, Fenway, Midtown, North End, Seaport, South End, Waterfront and West End)
Campion and Company, The Premier Luxury Boston Real Estate Brokerage consistently delivers the most comprehensive and objective market research and insights available.
- Median sales price this quarter rose 6.5% above its year ago level to reach its second highest in history.
- Average price per square foot increased 5.7% over last year, and 3.1% over this year’s first quarter.
- The numbers of sales is up slightly as inventory levels surpass those of 2015.
- South End has the highest transaction volume, followed by Back Bay & Midtown.
- Properties sold between $1M & $2M are trading for 99.6% of list price.
- Properties sold above $3M are trading for 93% of list price.
- The overwhelming draw in the market now is toward newer buildings offering one-floor living, elevator access & garage parking.